The museum is situated at Moldjord by a beautiful salmon river. It has been established at the old vicarage, which dates from 1857. There are 11 farm buildings from the municipality of Beiarn here which were originally built in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. Exhibitions of old tools, everyday articles and a farmyard can be viewed here.
Farming, forestry and craftwork are the main themes of the museum.