Sámiid Vuorká-Dávvirat - De Samiske Samlinger SVD/DSS is the head of the administration at RiddoDuottarMuseat foundation
SVD/DSS - established in 1972 as the first Sámi museum in Norway
The purpose of the establishement was to promote Sami culture and strengthen their status as an ethnic group.
The museum is currently the biggest Sami museum in Norway with the world's largest collections of traditional Sámi clothes.
- Sámi clothing from different areas/periods of time
- Tools & equipment used in traditional activities - householding, agriculture & raindeer husbandry
- Sámi produced duodji / Sami crafts
- Elements of Sámi pre-christian religion
- Sámi contemporary Art
Open Air museum
- Sámi buildings - turf huts, uniq farmestead, old mountain lodge etc.
- Several thousand years old pittfalls used at wild reindeer hunting
The museum shop
- Sámi music - yoik, pop/rock/psalm
- Duodji and handicraft products produced by Sámis
- Postcards / Posters / photos of Aurora Borrealis
- Books subjects and fiction
- many moore...